So nikon have just announced their new range of cameras to go up against the interchangeable likes of the Sony NEX range, Panasonic GF's etc etc. As exciting as this is for NO ONE (except all the people that think this type of camera will make them better photographers because you can change the lens on a point and shoot) there is a silver lining…
- It comes with an EXPEED 3 processor
- It can shoot at 60fps (electronically) and 5fps motor-driven (yeah no biggie my d300s does 8fps) but the electronic fps is interesting…
- A new 73-point focus system
- HEAPS of different movie modes with full HD
- The claim to have the world's fastest auto focus (not sure about that one… I guess so if you say so!)
These are major advances for Nikon and things could be looking very good for the next range of Nikon pro dslr's which are going to be released in the next 6 months or so… fingers crossed!
I just wish Nikon would bring out an electronic rangefinder that competes with the Fuji X100 pictured below - THAT I would buy!